Some of the events and charitable endeavors that are held throughout the year.
- In the Spring we hold our Annual Scholarship Breakfast where we present 10 $1000 scholarships in memory of prominent Italian American Police Officer, or those who lost their lives in the line of duty. Also at this event we may also present awards to members for valor, meritorious service and heroism.
- Also in the early Spring we hold our Annual Benefit Dinner Dance. This event is a gala event in which we honor some of New Jersey's Leaders in Entertainment, Business, Medicine, Religion, and other professions.
- We usually kick off the summer with our Annual Night at the Races at the Meadowlands Racetrack. This is a great family night out. We picnic in a private picnic area of the park with a great view of the races from right at the rail.
- We celebrate summer with our Annual Member Family Picnic and Pool Party. This day of Fun, Sun, and Food is provided without charge to our members. Bring your family, your favorite bathing suit & potent potables.
- Columbus Day is celebrated in a big way by the IAPSNJ. The society makes a large showing in the New York City parade with our brothers & sisters from the NYPD Columbia Association. We sometimes have guests from Italy or other Italian American organizations who join us at the parade. The society and guests look very sharp on TV.
- Christmas Time is another time of the year we strive to make better for the unfortunate. During the Christmas holiday season, the society hosts a Christmas / Holiday party for the Big Brothers & Sisters of New Jersey. Santa and Mrs Claus are present to distribute toys to these needy children along with many of their elves.
- The society's founder and president, William Schievella is the retired Chief of the Morris County Prosecutor's Office, Current Undersheriff of Morris County and also resides in Morris County. The current executive board contains members from 21 different agencies from all over New Jersey. We hold approximately 7 meetings throughout the year in different parts of the state.
- Throughout the year we give away a package of Police Safety Equipment to lucky members. If you are a member, fill out an entry form on-line.
- In addition to receiving a Membership Certificate, Courtesy Cards and a Quarterly Member Magazine there is a death benefit for active law enforcement officers.
- Each spring the Society hosts our Annual Pasta Night to Benefit Special Olympics where members prepare a homemade Italian meal for this worthy cause.
- The society is a charter member of the National Coalition of Italian American Law Enforcement Associations which links Italian American police officers in New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco and Florida to have their voices heard in Washington D.C..
- We maintain a Law Enforcement Calendar. Here we post our events as well as other events that members ask us to post for them. See about adding the calendar to your department's web site.
To be informed of any of these events as well as other news, Click Here to join our Email List
The society has a toll free membership contact number - 800-IAPSNJ-1. We are on Facebook, as well as Twitter. For membership information, contact John Lazarra