NJ Transit – OEM Specialist
1. Prepares, reviews, updates and coordinates a variety of emergency and disaster plans, policies and procedures.
2. Participates and coordinates all agency planning efforts relating to transit security in the region.
3. Works closely with internal and external partners to develop and coordinate emergency plans and project initiatives.
4. Develops and recommends emergency management procedures and program policies.
5. Conducts data research and analysis, and prepares reports.
6. Leads, coordinates and/or participates in multi-disciplinary groups, activities or meetings.
7. Develops meeting agendas, and tracks timelines.
8. Prepares correspondence, reports, presentations and other materials related to emergency management programs.
9. Works with other staff in the development, coordination and support of other emergency management program activities.
10. Participates in Local, County, State and Regional partners' emergency planning meetings.
11. Designs, coordinates and guides exercise scenarios. Participates in exercises to test emergency plans and the response capability of the emergency management system, first responders and internal partners.
12. Maintains essential records, maps, and charts. Assists in the preparation of emergency public information packages.
13. May supervise volunteers, as assigned.
14. Operates within the NJ TRANSIT Emergency Operations Center (EOC), State EOC, County EOC and/or the State Traffic Management Center, as deemed necessary.
15. Performs other emergency management duties as assigned.
SKILLS REQUIRED: * Baccalaureate Degree in Emergency Management, Homeland Security, Criminal Justice, Business or Public Administration, or related area, or equivalent and three years of applied Emergency Management experience. Knowledge of the functions of emergency management including mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery; natural and human caused hazards; and incident command systems and emergency/recovery support functions required. Knowledge of Federal and State emergency management planning requirements desired. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to speak clearly and persuasively and ability to elicit cooperation required. Facilitation skills in working with multi-disciplinary and multi-agency groups, ability to work in an environment where changing priorities are the norm and demonstrated skills in managing multiple tasks required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Programs, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. Experience with transportation and infrastructure, ICS experience up to ICS 400 with practical experience and methods of Instruction or equivalent desired.
Job Type: Full-time
- Emergency Management: 3 years