Three (3) Open Positions Available, One At Each Of The Major Airports. JFK, LaGuardia, Newark
The Assistant Airport Security Manager is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the Airport Security Unit. In the absence of the Airport Security Manager, the Assistant ASM serves in his/her place. This position is one of high trust and is responsible for confidential and sensitive security information. This position requires TSA secret security clearance.
- Assist the ASM in overseeing the Airport Security Unit to include the Security Credentialing Office, contract management of security services and systems and compliance and enforcement of Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Regulations and Security Directives, PA audit requirements, Air Terminal Rules and Chief Security Office’s procedures.
- In the absence of the primary Airport Security Coordinator (ASC), this position serves in as the alternate ASC and primary TSA contact.
- Monitor TSA screening activities in all terminals and track processing times. Work with TSA Federal Security Director (FSD) on screener allocations and other resources to improve customer processing.
- Monitor/Inspect cargo handling areas and activities, caterers, and general aviation operators for security compliance and work these parties to close any security gaps in these areas.
- In conjunction with the PA Police Department (PAPD), prepare and manage TSA mandated full scale security exercises and table top drills to ensure a well prepared response to security incidents.
- Lead the airport’s participation in periodic threat, vulnerability and risk assessments by PA, TSA, etc. Develop or assist in development of risk mitigation measures.
- Manage local airport and CSO operational support for airport security capital projects. Contribute to initial planning and design and provide local coordination and facilitation for construction and commissioning.
- Prepare and manage the Airport Security Unit budget on an annual basis, which includes the monitoring, tracking and control of security expenditures.
- Assist in strategic planning on all matters involving the Airport Security Program (ASP). Coordinate with central office staff to provide input and feedback with regard to PA policies and future airport initiatives.
- Serve as primary contact point for implementation of new or enhanced physical security systems. Assist in review and implementation of all security plans.
- Prepare responses and execute corrective measures for audits performed by PA Audits and/or the TSA.
- Serve as a liaison with airport tenants and the TSA relating to physical security, policies and procedures, and operational security systems.
- May review Tenant Security Programs (TSPs). This involves writing amendments to the TSA Federal Security Directors (FSD) and enforcing tenant compliance with the programs.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with the TSA, Transportation Security Clearinghouse, Customs and Border Patrol (CBP), Port Authority Police Department (PAPD), other federal agencies, airport community and other PA departments for efficient and effective security operations.
- Participate on security industry conference calls regarding physical and operational security systems, security plans and implementation of new TSA Security Directives. Participate and/or lead PA security meetings.
- Review intelligence information daily and disseminate information to key airport employees.
- Assist in airport emergency assignments including snow. Position may require rotating shifts and on call evening and weekend work.
- Review/maintain/develop Operational Performance Reports, Metrics and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the security unit.
- Assist the PAPD, the Office of Inspector General (OIG) and other law enforcement agencies in special security investigations.
- Coordinate with other PA airports to ensure consistent regulatory compliance.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Aviation Management or other related field.
- .At least three (3) years of experience in Security Operations/Management, Aviation Operations/Management, or other operating environment.