The Italian American Police Society of New Jersey is a non-profit fraternal and professional organization comprised of law enforcement officers and individuals of Italian American ancestry from throughout New Jersey and the region.
Our mission is to serve the community through a number of charitable events and community service projects. Our organization also promotes Italian culture and heritage by hosting a number of social and cultural events.
- In the Spring we hold our Annual Scholarship Breakfast where we present 10 $1000 scholarships in memory of prominent Italian American Police Officer, or those who lost their lives in the line of duty. To date more than $300,000 in scholarships have been awarded to college bound students.
- The organization presents awards to members for valor, meritorious service and heroism throughout the year.
- During the Pandemic the Society provided more than 1,200 hot healthy meals to medical heroes in hospitals and EMS units throughout New Jersey.
- During the Pandemic our organization partnered with the 1st Responders Children’s Foundation to provide more than 500 Hess Toy Trucks to the children of EMS professionals.
- During the Pandemic the Society partnered with Peace Island Institute to provide 250K medical grade anti bacterial wipes to font line workers
- Also in the early Spring, we hold our Annual Benefit Dinner Dance. This event is a gala event in which we honor some of New Jersey’s Leaders in Entertainment, Business, Medicine, Religion, and other professions.
- We celebrate summer with our Annual Member Family Picnic and Pool Party. This day of Fun, Sun, and Food for members.
- Columbus Day is celebrated in a big way by the IAPSNJ. The society makes a large showing in the New York City parade with our brothers & sisters from the NYPD Columbia Association. We sometimes have guests from Italy or other Italian American organizations who join us at the parade. The society and guests look very sharp on TV.
- Christmas Time is another time of the year we strive to make better for the unfortunate. During the Christmas holiday season, the society hosts a Christmas / Holiday party for the Big Brothers & Sisters of New Jersey. are present to distribute toys to these needy children along with many of their elves.
- The society’s founder and president, William Schievella is the retired Chief of the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office. The current executive board contains members from 21 different agencies from all over New Jersey. We hold meetings and events throughout the year in different parts of the state.
- Throughout the year we give away a package of Police Safety Equipment to lucky members. If you are a member, fill out an entry form on-line.
- In addition to receiving a Membership Certificate, Courtesy Cards, and a Quarterly Member Magazine there is a death benefit for active law enforcement officers.
- Each spring the Society hosts our Annual Pasta Night to Benefit Special Olympics where members prepare a homemade Italian meal for this worthy cause.
Our organization is closely monitoring the health of its employees during a pandemic. They take appropriate supplements and preparations. Which also have a good effect on male potency.
To be informed of any of these events as well as other news, join our Email List